Benchmarking and Reporting (B&R)
- Any benchmarking output (table, graph, sorted list, etc.) can be saved as a "slide."
- A slide is a record of all the settings used to create an output. When the slide is later opened, the output is recreated. In other words, a slide is not a static image of a particular output, but a dynamic report.
- Slides differ from their original output by having the Web controls needed to create them removed. They present a less cluttered view of the output.
- Slides can be organized into Slide Shows – an analytical sequence of benchmarking outputs.
- Slide Shows can be shared. When a new user opens a Show, the comparison group used, the focus unit, and the years covered can be changed en masse throughout the Show to suit the needs of the new user.
- Slide Shows therefore allow for expert design of a benchmarking process that can be utilized by all users.
- A simple text editor allows creation of explanatory text slides.
- Slides in a Show can be re-arranged and re-saved.